Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Off to Lavender Hill!

Lavender Hill is located here, in Santa Rosa, CA, on Crane Canyon Road. You can see Lavender Hill in the middle with a bocce ball court and a pool.

Map picture

Here goes the story:

After school on Friday, we traveled to Lavender Hill. Grandma and Grandpa drove there about 2 hours earlier than we did. When we arrived, we were greeted by my grandparents and my great aunt and uncle, Connie and Kit. Oh, and by the way, Lavender Hill is big, and has a weird design. It’s three houses. One main house, a two-bedroom complex, and a fancy bedroom that the hosts, Grandma and Grandpa, get to stay in. They definitely paid for it! I had lots of fun there, even though I had an orange cast (if you didn’t know, sorry). Casts cannot come in contact with water, so NO pool for me. IMG_3342IMG_3554

The food was delicious, really delicious, really really delicious.

Daniel and his girlfriend Rumi made this:

IMG_3411 This is soba and lotus root tempura.

IMG_3399

Don’t you want to take a swim? A frog wanted to dive in the pool one day!

IMG_3538

Charlie and I played an ancient Nintendo ‘64. It was fun. No photos. Says Sara, “I don’t take photos of people playing video games!” Nice. Real nice.

And bocce. Bocce was a highlight of the trip. Heck, it was the only thing I did except for the old ‘64. Oh, and NO pool.

IMG_3476

And that was the Lavender Hill experience. Sound fun? Cough up a couple thousand bucks if you wanna join in!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the food was delicious. At least the frog wasn't forbidden to go in the pool.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete